Field Briefing: Asthma Prevention
May 29, 2012 9:30 AM
About The Event
On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 Senator Whitehouse will host a field briefing of the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee on asthma prevention in Rhode Island.
We hope you'll be part of this important conversation on asthma prevention. Please RSVP below.
What: Official Field Briefing of the U.S. Senate EPW Committee
Topic: Reducing Triggers and Providing Integrated Care to Asthma Patients through Federal-State Partnerships
When: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 9:30 a.m.
Where: Nathan Bishop Middle School, 101 Sessions Street, Providence, RI
Testifying at Senator Whitehouse’s field briefing will be:
- Nick Friend, 13-year-old Rhode Islander living with asthma
- Gina McCarthy, EPA Assistant Administrator for Air
- Dr. Christopher Portier, Director, National Center for Environmental Health and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, CDC
- Dr. Michael Fine, Director, RI Department of Health
- Janet Coit, Director, RI Department of Environmental Management
- June Tourangeau, a pediatric RN at St. Joseph Health Center
- Linda Mendonca, RN, school nurse at Jenks Junior High, President of the RI Certified School Nurse Teachers Association, and Board Member of the RI American Lung Association
Please RSVP below. If you have any questions, please call 401-453-5294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org